Children with Disabilities Team
The Children with Disabilities Team
The Children with Disabilities Team includes:
- A Team Manager
- A Practice Manager with responsibility for office management and the Duty System
- 2 Social Worker’s responsible for complex cases and child protection. One of these is a sensory lead.
- A Social Worker with a special interest in Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- A Family Support Worker Leading on Transition
- A Family Support Worker responsible for supporting the qualified Social Workers and direct work with families
- 1 Business Support Officer
- 1 Screening Officer
The Children with Disabilities Team provides:
- Advice and guidance on service and resources
- S47 Child Protection investigations.
- Public Law Outline processes / care proceedings _
- Single Social Work Assessments (sometimes jointly with the First Contact team) Disabled Person’s Assessments and Child in Need Reviews.
- Helps families plan for the future
- Provides support to families
- Organises short breaks
- Finds opportunities for children to have fun, and
- In some cases provides long term alternative care Section 17 & 20 of The Children Act 1989.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email firstname.lastname@example.org