Southend Beaches and Beach Safety Information
Beach Safety Information
- Always keep an eye on the tide’s direction whilst on the beach.
- Be aware that you can get cut off on the estuary quickly.
- Don’t walk too far out. Look out for slippery rocks, offshore winds and other water users.
- Wear footwear to avoid treading on sharp objects.
- If you get into trouble and need help, call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- There are 18 yellow, emergency-only telephones along the seafront. There is a First Aid Post at Leigh Bell Wharf.
For more information on beach safety visit www.southend.gov.uk/beaches/beach-safety
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email firstname.lastname@example.org