POET - Personal Outcomes Evaluation Tool
Personal Outcomes Evaluation Tool (POET)
Southend Local Authority has commissioned the charity called 'In Control' to carry out a survey on its behalf to capture the views of parent/carers, children/young people and practitioners about the support available for children and young people who have additional needs.
The survey relates to all children and young people who have additional support including those with an Education Health and Care Plan’s (known as an EHCP).
We want to know how the process of getting support worked for parents/carers and children/young people and the difference it has made. The aim is that this can help improve things for others who need support and shape our future ways of working. Completing the questionnaire takes approximately 10 minutes.
The Personal Outcomes Evaluation Tool (POET) is a survey for:
- Parents of children and young people who have additional support;
- Practitioners of children and young people who have additional support and
- Children and young people who have additional support *.
There is a questionnaire with differentiated questions depending on who is completing it which covers the following themes:
- The support the child/young person receives in school and/or the local area;
- How their views as a parent/carer or child/young person were captured, or how the practitioners views were considered when planning the support needed;
- Their experience in planning outcomes for themselves or the child/young person;
- The impact of support and how helpful it is.
* If the child/young person is under the age of 16 years they must have agreement from their parent/carer to complete the survey.
You can complete the questionnaire by pressing ‘control’ and clicking on the links below:
Children and young people https://puttingpeoplefirst.limeask.com/534542?newtest=Y&lang=en
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy of the questionnaire, please contact us at SENTeam@southend.gov.uk Please note there are computers available on the ground floor of the Civic Centre for public use. Please let us know if we can support you in completing these forms.
Completed questionnaires are anonymous and are collected by In Control. The questionnaires and any personal details are not seen by the local authority but we will receive reports from In-Control regarding the survey results which we will publish on the Local Offer website.
We will use the survey responses to improve the way parents/carers and children and young people get support in Southend and we thank you in advance for you co-operation in completing the questionnaires, sharing your experiences and providing your feedback.
For more information please contact the SEN Team or visit the In Control website www.in-control.org.uk
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com