Skip to main content
Livewell Southend

Equipment for Daily Living

You will find information about equipment that can help you;

  • stay independent
  • get out and about
  • take part in activities.

An Occupational Therapist (OT) will visit you to assess your needs. This is to see if you qualify for equipment or support. If you are leaving hospital, they will arrange this for you.

Your GP can refer you, or you can call 01702 215008.

If you qualify, we will loan equipment to you.

If you wish to buy your own equipment, our OT can give you advice.

CarelineSOS is a home alarm system. You can get help in an emergency 24 hours a day, all year round. 

Aids for Independent Living

Southend Independent Living has services to help with everyday tasks. Call 01702 212021 visit their website for more information.

Maintenance of Loaned Equipment

To arrange a repair, replacement or return, call 01702 442133.

Some equipment needs regular checks to make sure it is working correctly.

 Last updated: 06 Sep 2022

If you'd like to view this content in another format please email