EHC Hub - everything you need to know
Read below to find out about the Southend EHC Hub or click this link to open the EHC Hub.
What is the EHC Hub?
In 2020-21 Southend Council’s SEND Team launched the use of an online portal called the EHC Hub. The EHC Hub is a digital platform for families, professionals and education settings to engage, contribute and collaborate on EHC assessments, Education Health and Care Plans and Annual Reviews.
The EHC Hub portal aimed to streamline current processes and provide users with an open, transparent system that engages parents, carers, settings and professionals.
Why was it introduced?
Southend Council introduced the EHC Hub to:
- Deliver its statutory duties to children and young people with SEND in a timely, transparent and person centred way.
- Ensure that information gathered through EHC assessments and annual reviews is shared consistently and transparently with children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Allow children, young, people and their families to share their views and aspirations, across services within the area, so that they have to tell their story once.
- Ensure that person centred outcomes are identified by key professionals working with the child or young person, across the area
Registering an account
If you have received an email inviting you to register on the EHC Hub, click on the link within the email to create your password. Access to the EHC Hub at this stage is only available from this email.
Once you have created your password you will be asked to select how to receive your Two Factor Authenticity (TFA) code – you are able to use of a 2Factor App or via SMS (a text message to a chosen mobile phone number). If you choose SMS please input the number you would like to receive the codes to.
When you have selected your chosen TFA method you will not need to do this again. To log into the EHC Hub visit ehchub.southend.gov.uk
How to use the EHC Hub - Videos
When a user makes an initial request for assessment (but whilst not signed in) they will be prompted to complete sections 1-6 then submit.
The user will then receive an invite to create an account for the Hub.
After the account is created then they will be able to view and edit the request for assessment before it is submitted.
It is at this stage that they will be able to attach any supporting documentation, reports and information.
the following videos will help you using the EHC Hub
For Parents / Young People
- How to contribute to a request for assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/ea9cdcb6181be4c163/parent-how-to-contribute-to-a-request-for-assessment
- How to contribute to an EHC needs assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/ea9cdcb61817e3ca63/parent-how-to-contribute-to-an-assessment
- How to contribute to an annual review meeting - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/449cdcb61819e3cacd/parent-how-to-contribute-ahead-of-a-review-meeting
- How to provide advice towards an EHC needs assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/a09dddb71f19e4c128/ehc-hub-contributor-how-to-provide-advice-towards-an-assessment
- How to make a request for assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/489ddcbe1117e8c7c0/ehc-hub-senco-request-for-assessment
- How to arrange an annual review meeting and request advice - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/d49ddab9111ce7c15c/ehc-hub-senco-how-to-arrange-a-review-meeting-and-request-views
If you require information in a different format or more help email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of the EHC Hub
Children, young people and their families will remain at the heart of the EHC process and using the EHC Hub to conduct assessments and reviews supports this.
The EHC Hub allows parents/carers to track their child/Young Person’s assessment and see who has been asked to provide advice.
When registered parents/carers are able to upload their own comments and views including photos and video’s as part of the EHC needs assessment or annual review process.
The child/Young Person is also able to contribute in this way. (Please note the system can attach multiple videos but they should be no longer than 3 minutes in length each)
The child/Young Person’s educational setting, and any professional working with them will also register and contribute their views within the EHC Hub. They can upload reports so that relevant and up to date information is shared with you, the SEN Team and the other professionals involved.
The portal will ensure that parents/carers and anyone working with the child/Young person has access to the same information, at the same time, reducing the need or information to be repeated.
The EHC Hub provides transparency about decisions with information that is clear and accessible to all those involved in the assessment or review process with those involved having access to decisions as soon as they are made.
Using the EHC Hub we hope that the experience of children and young people with SEND and their families improves as a result of professionals’ ability to access detailed and accurate information about their needs and to coproduce good quality EHCP’s.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com