Good Neighbours - Support Organisations
You may have some questions or need some support to help you to be a Good Neighbour.
You may want some support with:
- Technology i.e. how to set up a Facebook page and Whatsapp group
- Talking through your concern about one of your neighbours. We can provide an escalation point to the Borough helpline/social care/mental health/dementia support etc.
There are two main ways of reaching out for this support. You can visit the Good Neighbours webpage or you can contact one of the local community organisations who are here to support you.
On the Good Neighbours webpage you can:
- Ask questions in a public forum and see what other Good Neighbours are saying
- Be inspired by local good news stories and share your own stories and ideas
- Plot where your neighbourhood is on a map
If you would prefer to have a chat on the phone or send an email you can contact one of the below community organisations who are here to support you.
Your Support Organisations
We have split Southend into four geographical areas. Each area will have a support organisation who will be the key point of contact for a Good Neighbour.
You can find the name of the organisation who is here to support you by finding the area you live in from the list below. You can then contact them with any questions or concerns you may have.
East Central area of Southend? (Kursaal, Victoria and St Luke’s wards)
- Southend Association of Voluntary Services (SAVS)
SAVS is an independent charity. Also known as a council for voluntary service or CVS. That means we work to help local charities and groups reach their full potential.
East area of Southend? (Southchurch, Thorpe, West Shoebury and Shoeburyness wards)
- South Essex Community Hub (SECH)
South Essex Community Hub (SECH)
- to build ever-improving communities
- offer key services
- shared values
- supporting Social Inclusion.
The Hub offers a direct point of contact for the community to
- provide support with Digital and Financial Inclusion.
West Central area of Southend? (St Laurence, Prittlewell, Blenheim, Westborough, Chalkwell and Milton wards)
- Trust Links
Trust Links is a local independent charity. They support mental health, wellbeing and the environment.
- REACH Wellbeing Hub and Recovery College
- Growing Together therapeutic community gardens
- St Laurence Community Orchard
- Projects for youth and unpaid carers.
West area of Southend? (West Leigh, Leigh, Belfairs and Eastwood Park wards)
- Everyone Health
Everyone Health is commissioned by Southend Borough Council. They help over 16s who live, work or have a GP in Southend. They have an Adult Weight Management Service for those with a BMI higher than 30. Or higher than 27.5 with additional health issues or (BAME). They run a Health Trainer Service. It helps anyone who wants to make positive lifestyle changes. All programmes have proven to have long term benefits.
07594091435 or 0333 005 0095
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com