Mental Health for Children and Young People
Mental health support – for children and young people
We all need a bit of help sometimes. But it can be difficult to know how, or who, to ask. We look at some ways you can ask for the help you need.
If you need urgent help or out of hours help you can call the NELFT out of hours phoneline service: 0300 555 1201
If it’s not an emergency, you can contact The Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service (EWMHS) who provide advice and support to children, young people and families who are in need of support with their emotional wellbeing or mental health difficulties.
- Call EWMHS: 0300 300 1600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chathealth school nurses
Even when school isn't open, you can contact local ChatHealth school nurses who can offer support and advice on a range of topics such as:
- healthy eating
- mental health and more
We do not usually inform your parents, teachers, or anyone else if you contact the school nurse. We might inform someone if we were concerned about your safety, but we would normally speak to you first.
Messages are charged at your normal rate.
Useful online support:
- Young Minds - blog on coronavirus and help for you
- The Mix - support for under 25s
- Papyrus UK - for young people
- Kooth - safe and anonymous online help
- Stem4 - supporting teenage mental health
- Youth Access - advice and counselling, locally
- Big Whitewall – 24/7 online chat service
- Covibook – story book about the virus aimed at children under 7 years
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com