I am a Young Person
Welcome to the Southend-on-Sea Local Offer - this is where you will find support and information aimed at helping you.
There are 3 ways to find what you are looking for:
- You can use the search facility at the top of the page
- You can search by topic
- Or, you can read the answers to these questions by clicking on them (below)
What is an Education, Health and Care Plan and how do I get one?
What is a personal budget?
Who can help me with SEND processes and policies?
What housing options are available if I want to live independently?
How can I make friends and get involved in my community?
There are lots of clubs and activities you can take part in.
Some of these include:
- Friends and Places together for 16-25 year olds
- Additional Needs Night at the Mega Centre, Rayleigh
- Southend Mencap - 16+ Club
- Active Essex Disability Sport
- The Hub Club: Asperger's Support Group
- Club Inklusion
- Total Palace
- Project 49
- Full list of activities and clubs
You may also want to watch this Video to help you stay safe.
"Tricky Friends" is a short animation to help people to understand what good friendships are, when they might be harmful, and what they can do
What learning, training or employment options do I have now that I have left school?
Can I get help with transport to college or training?
How do I raise a concern or make a complaint?
Where can I get help with my mental health?
There are lots of organisations who can help you. You can find them all here
What things do I need to think about as I become an adult?
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com