I am a Parent or Carer
Welcome to the Southend-on Sea Local Offer - this is where you can find support or information aimed at helping you as a parent or carer of a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).
There are 3 ways to find what you are looking for:
- You can use the search facility at the top of the page
- You can search by topic
- Or, you can read the answers to these questions by clicking on them (below)
I am worried about my child's progress - what should I do?
I am worried about my child's health - what should I do?
How can I get in touch with other parents or carers?
SSIF are the official Parent Carer Forum for SEND families in Southend and are a part of the SEND Partnership, working with the Council, NHS and other partners to represent the voice of parents, carers and their children.
You can contact them on 07955 067588 or southendsendindependent firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find information on other support groups at this link
What is an Education, Health and Care Plan and how do I request an assessment for my child?
What is a Personal Budget?
Where can I get independent advice and support?
Where can I get help with respite care, support for carers and carer assessments?
Where can I get specialist equipment or toys?
How do I raise a concern or make a complaint?
How can I get involved in reviewing and designing SEND services or give feedback?
Please contact the Local Offer Team on 01702 212328 or email@example.com to find out how to get involved.
Or you can contact the Southend SEND Independent Forum (SSIF), the offical Parent Carer Forum for Southend families on 07955 067588 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can help me with SEND processes and policies?
What is the EHC Hub?
The EHC Hub is an on-line portal
You can watch videos which tell you all about it here
- How to contribute to a request for assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/ea9cdcb6181be4c163/parent-how-to-contribute-to-a-request-for-assessment
- How to contribute to an EHC needs assessment - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/ea9cdcb61817e3ca63/parent-how-to-contribute-to-an-assessment
- How to contribute to an annual review meeting - https://openobjects.vids.io/videos/449cdcb61819e3cacd/parent-how-to-contribute-ahead-of-a-review-meeting
How do I get transport to school for my child or young person?
My child is under 5 - what support is available?
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com