School transitions - resource page
Starting school is a big step for children and while it is normal for all children to have worries and fears, it is important to keep an eye out for any signs they may be struggling.
Find a list of useful resources here:
- Elsa website for back-to-school social stories.
- Fun and creative ways to think about school transition and promote wellbeing.
- Back to Better by the British Red Cross – activities to help children and young people cope with the return to school and build resilience for the future.
- This poster can be shared with teachers and parents, featuring some simple top tips for helping children feel more ready to return to the school environment.
- YoungMinds supporting school transitions.
- Resources from the National Autistic Society:
- Support for pupils who have just arrived in England as refugees and for pupils who may start of change school mid-year.
- Southend Educational Psychology Service - Resources Page
- Mentally Healthy Schools - resource library.
- School anxiety: Signs, causes and strategies
- NHS Inform: Mental Health
- Anti-bullying alliance.
If you found this information useful, please share this page with family and friends.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email firstname.lastname@example.org