Children with Disabilities Service Overview
Social Care services for children and young people with disabilities in Southend are provided by the Children with Disabilities Team (0-18 Years old). They provide support to children and their families and young people with disabilities such as:
Significant hearing loss
- Significant visual impairment
- Significant communication difficulties
- Severe learning disability or a moderate learning disability where there is an associated syndrome
- Severe physical disability
- Chronic or life threatening illness (i.e. a degenerative or terminal condition).
Targeted support can be accessed by completing an Early Help and Family Support Assessment with a health professional, a school SENCO or person responsible for additional needs at college.
If you are concerned about a child’s safety or welfare please contact
Mon to Thurs: 9am to 5.30pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
Emergency Duty Team
Out of hours, 365 days a year
0345 606 1212
NSPCC Child Protection Helpline
0808 800 5000
0800 1111 (Free)
You can find more information on our services, processes and guidance by referring to the Related Advice section to the right of this page
Each of these links will take you through to an Information, Advice and Guidance page for that topic.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email firstname.lastname@example.org