Working in Childcare in Southend
|Whether you're thinking about a career working with children, are already working with children or looking for a change of career, we can support with information and guidance to help you.|
Becoming a Childminder
Childminders look after children of all ages in their own home. If you believe all children deserve the best start in life then childminding could be the career for you.
To be a childminder, you need to:
- enjoy working with children
- want to run your own business
- be committed to providing quality care
Find out more about becoming a childminder as well as tips from those already running a successful childminding business
Are you thinking about becoming a childminder in Southend?
You will need to register with Ofsted. Before you apply you will need to complete:
- an information briefing session and
- an EYFS session.
Come to one of our free sessions. The session will help you decide if childminding is right for you.
- Find out what’s involved during the Ofsted registration process
- Find out about training
To book a session or if you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information to help you if you are interested in early education and childcare as a career
- in Local Newspapers
- through the Job Centre
- recruitment websites
- recruitment agencies
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com