Who to contact
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. We inspect and regulate services that care for children and young people, and services providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
Our goal is to achieve excellence in education and skills for learners of all ages, and in the care of children and young people.
We’re responsible for:
- inspecting maintained schools and academies, some independent schools, and many other educational institutions and programmes outside of higher education
- inspecting childcare, adoption and fostering agencies and initial teacher training
- publishing reports of our findings so they can be used to improve the overall quality of education and training. To find an inspection report - click here
- regulating a range of early years and children’s social care services, making sure they’re suitable for children and potentially vulnerable young people
- reporting to policymakers on the effectiveness of these services
To complain about a childcare setting or school please contact the Local Authority for advice before contacting Ofsted.
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
This service, organisation or event is listed for your information. With the exception of services offered directly by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, inclusion on Livewell Southend does not confer or imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. The Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the service, organisation or event listed. You should thoroughly check the service or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.