Southend Outreach Support (Peabody)
For people aged 16+ living in the Southend Borough who require housing related support. Our aim is to promote independent living skills leading to people being confident to maintain their own homes, prevent homelessness and access appropriate services. We can help with the following:
- Housing related problems & those threatened with homelessness
- Support with managing rent arrears/ debts/ budgeting
- Support to maximise income, Benefit claims/issues, inc. Universal Credit
- Advice and support to access health and wellbeing services
- Access to Peer support groups
- Building knowledge and skills to self manage independently in the community
We offer 3 levels of service:
- Tier 1: advice, information and signposting.
One session of advice/support given at the drop in/hub/advisory clinics, telephone advice and signposting to other services.
- Tier 2: Brief and short term interventions.
This level will receive an assessment followed by a limited number of face to face support sessions (up to 3 months), with follow up at drop-ins, through phone or other contact.
- Tier 3: Extended maintenance support.
This level will receive an assessment, followed by holistic support (up to 6 months) for people with complex and/or multiple needs.
We provide a number of drop in’s/advisory hubs across the Borough, these are open to anyone living in the Borough of Southend please see our drop in/duty advice poster with details of locations - you can find this in the 'useful downloads' section.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
Service opening times: Our core open times are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - We can provide support outside of these hours including weekends upon request.
We hold a Duty Advice Service Monday to Friday 10am - 3pm at our Clarence Road office. This duty advice service is by appointment only, please call the office on 01702 445870 to make an appointment for this service.
We have a Drop- In Advice & Support Service on Tuesdays which is held at St John's Church (Church Road Southend) between 10am and 4pm. This is also a social inclusion activity, where Peers run a lunch club,for people to enjoy a meal, meet and make friends.
In addition we participate at Community hubs along with other services in the area providing drop in advice/support services at:
- Victoria Plaza Hub Mondays and Tuesdays 10am to 4pm (closed for lunch between 12noon and 1pm)
- St Lukes Hub (Cluny Square) Thursday 10am to 1pm
- Shoebury Hub Wednesday 9:30 to 4pm (Shoebury Evangelical Church - 151 West Road)
- Trustlinks (Growing together) 1pm to 4pm (47 Fairfax Drive, Westcliff on Sea, S0 9AG)
- Civic Centre - 9:30am to 4pm (closed for lunch between 12noon and 1pm) Monday to Friday
This service is free of charge
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We accept Self referrals and referrals from agencies. Referral enquiries to the service can be made on 01702 445870 or come along to any of our drop in locations to speak with a support worker.
This service, organisation or event is listed for your information. With the exception of services offered directly by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, inclusion on Livewell Southend does not confer or imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. The Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the service, organisation or event listed. You should thoroughly check the service or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com