The Silver Line
- Telephone Friendship: a weekly 30 minute call between an older person and a volunteer Silver Line Friend.
- Silver Letters: a fortnightly exchange of a letter between an older pseron and a volunteer Silver Line Friend.
- Silver Circles: a call between a group of older people on a shared interest or topic, taking place each week for 60 minutes.
- Silver Line Connects: help with informing and connecting an older person with national and local services.
Who to contact
The Silver Line does not have drop-in centres.
- When is it on
The Silver Line is open 24 hours every day and night of the year.
This is a free service for users. The Silver Line is a charity and running the helpline, training and the cost of calls are paid for voluntary by donations.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Individuals can self refer.
The Silver Line also accept third-party referrals which can be made via the referral form on the charity's website. Please note, third party referrals will only be actioned when permission from the person being referred is sought.
This service, organisation or event is listed for your information. With the exception of services offered directly by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, inclusion on Livewell Southend does not confer or imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. The Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the service, organisation or event listed. You should thoroughly check the service or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.
- Record created: 04 Nov 2019
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com