Your Local Offer, your way sessions
The SEND Local Offer website is your guide to services and support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) living in Southend. We want to make sure the website is your ‘go-to’ resource, and that the information on it is clear and easy to find.
‘Your Local Offer, your way’ sessions will run throughout the year. Each session will focus on a particular area of the SEND Local Offer website. They are an opportunity for you to tell us what information you need, so that we can make sure the Local Offer is working for you.
All are welcome, so if you’re a young person with SEND, a parent carer of a child or young person with SEND, or if you support children and young people with SEND and their families, please come along and have your say.
You can join us at a face-to-face or virtual meeting, or can email your suggestions to us at email@example.com
We are running the following sessions:
We want to develop a set of pages on the SEND Local Offer which provide information and details of support services relating to particular SEND conditions, for example, physical difficulties and dyslexia. We would like to use the November sessions to get feedback on what areas people would like us to cover and how they would like the information presented.
- Monday 7 November 2022 - Drop-in session from 9:00am to midday, Shoeburyness Youth and Community Centre. Book a place.
- Tuesday 15 November 2022 - Online session from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Book a place
- Monday 23 January 2023 - Drop-in session from 9:00am to midday, Centre Place Family Centre. Book here.
- Tuesday 31 January 2023 - Online session from 7:15 to 8:15pm. Book here.
- Date and venue to be confirmed.
- Monday 8 May 2023 - Drop-in session from 9am to midday. Venue to be confirmed.
- Tuesday 16 May 2023 - Online session from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Book here.
- Tuesday 11 July 2023 - Drop-in session from 9:00am to midday. Caxton Room. Tickfield. Book here.
- Monday 17 July 2023 - Online session from 7:15pm to 8:15pm. Book here.
We look forward to hearing your views.
Who to contact
- Day(s) of week
This service, organisation or event is listed for your information. With the exception of services offered directly by Southend-on-Sea City Council, inclusion on Livewell Southend does not confer or imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Southend-on-Sea City Council. The Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the service, organisation or event listed. You should thoroughly check the service or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.
- Last admin update: 01 Nov 2022
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email firstname.lastname@example.org