Until recently we have only been able to accept people who are referred to us by Southend Council, however we are now able to accept people who are not funded by the council. Please get in touch if you would like to know more about how you can attend us.
Project 49 is community based resource run by Southend Care Ltd providing innovative services for adults with learning disabilities in the Southend on Sea area. Located in central Southend, our focus is on putting people first. We provide a wide range of dynamic activities promoting healthy living and wellbeing, making informed choices and community inclusion. We have initiated or participated in a number of exciting projects and partnerships aimed at developing our service users’ independence, confidence and positive engagement within our town, including:
- Community gardening projects including our partnerships with Mendip Crescent Wildlife Garden, our award winning City Allotment project at The Railway Hotel and working with 'Make Southend Sparkle' to improve our town.
- Our 'Kitchen 49' community cooking group, which helps to reduce social isolation in a sheltered housing scheme by working in partnership with South Essex Homes.
- Our highly acclaimed and successful 'Recognise Us' campaign sets out to challenge stereotyping around people with Learning Disabilities. This campaign has involved large scale street art and film productions.
- We have our own film production company 'Film 49' who have created a variety of films for others, which includes recruitment films for SBC's education department and social work teams and music promo videos for a local punk bands.
- We have been very active within our community producing large pieces of street art, mush of it within out town centre.
- We work closely with Make Southend Sparkel and are working on regnerating a neglected area of the town so all can enjoy it.
- Jump Up and Join In’ monthly community open mic music sessions in partnership with The Railway Hotel.
For further information, including eligibility criteria and details of how to access to our services, contact us on 01702 212434 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit our Facebook page to see all the great things that we do.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
Monday to Friday 9am until 4pm
- Age Ranges
- 19 and over
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referral via CTPLD
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type
ReviewsRated 0 out of 5 (1 review)
My name is Steven DeViell. I attend Project 49. At Project 49 there are lots of things for people to be involved with which are interesting and at the same time support people to try to be healthier as well as supporting people to think about the environment and to try to be involved in activities which are interesting, healthy and which are good for the environment and good for wildlife. Project 49 also has activities which try to support people to be become more independent. Project 49 has a variety of activities which include all these things. There are so many activities Project 49 is involved with that it would very difficult to write all of them in a review. But here is a list of a few of them.
I strongly recommend Project 49.
This service, organisation or event is listed for your information. With the exception of services offered directly by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council, inclusion on Livewell Southend does not confer or imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. The Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the service, organisation or event listed. You should thoroughly check the service or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.
If you'd like to view this content in another format please email email@example.com